Decide whether to switch an AI workload before a price change
› I run an AI workload and want to decide whether to test or switch to a new model while it is on an introductory price. Act as a blunt cost and evaluation advisor.
My workload: [what the model does, e.g. summarizing support tickets]
Current model and price: [model, $ per 1M input tokens, $ per 1M output tokens]
New model and prices: [intro input/output price] until [date], then [full input/output price]
Monthly volume: [input tokens], [output tokens], share of input that is cached or repeated: [%]
What I care about most: [quality, speed, cost, reliability]
Do this:
1. Calculate my monthly bill on the current model, the new model at the intro price, and the new model at the full price. Show the math in a small table.
2. Tell me the break-even: how much better the new model must be (fewer retries, shorter outputs, fewer human fixes) to be worth it at the full price.
3. Write a test plan I can run before the intro price ends: 20 real inputs from my own work, how to score them side by side, and what result means switch, stay, or split traffic.
4. List three risks of switching (prompt changes, output format drift, rate limits) and how to check each.
Ask me for any number I left out before you calculate. Do not assume.
Works in any AI chat. In Magai, run it against several models at once.